GLASA seeks an experienced fundraising professional with a successful track record and demonstrated experience developing and implementing creative strategies for increasing funding and support for mission-driven organizations. Reporting to the Executive Director and leading a staff of one, the Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board to develop and further the strategic plan to expand the impact of GLASA. The Development Director will collaborate with other GLASA staff to build involvement, enthusiasm and ensure seamless coordination of fundraising efforts with ongoing initiatives.
Key responsibilities of the Development Director will include:
- Develop and execute ambitious but achievable annual and long-term plans for fundraising across the organization
- Lead and implement the organization’s fundraising efforts to achieve revenue goals
- Develop new fundraising opportunities while managing current fundraising efforts which include:
- Events (Annual Gala, Chicago Marathon, Great Lakes Games)
- Corporate Sponsorships (both event specific and general support)
- Foundation Grants
- Government Grants (Federal, State and Local)
- Individual Donors (via relationships, direct mail, GLASA website or other methods)
- Recommend an organization structure that best supports the overall fundraising strategy
- Develop and implement GLASA’s marketing strategy. This includes digital/social media marketing, posters, newsletters, brochures, press releases, etc.
- Oversee the administration of and enhancement of the donor database
- Provide support to GLASA’s auxiliary boards (Young Professionals, Women’s board) to ensure support of GLASA’s mission and related fundraising goals
- Identify and attend community events, meetings and conferences that support GLASA’s mission and enhance its visibility and fundraising success
- Manage ongoing relationships with donors, leveraging GLASA staff and Board of Directors when appropriate
- Ensure foundation and government reporting requirements are completed in a timely manner to support all grant commitments and meet regulatory requirements
- Manage the budget of the Fundraising organization in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Accountant
The Development Director will be a highly skilled fundraiser with a track record of successfully and strategically identifying, cultivating, and stewarding donors.
Desired skills and qualifications include:
- 5-10+ years of fundraising experience
- Experience developing and executing fundraising strategy
- Experience developing and executing digital campaigns
- Ability to manage and mentor staff and to coach staff to increasing levels of success
- Ability to interface effectively and build long-term relationships with the highest level of GLASA donors
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, complex fundraising activities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Dynamic and capable of organizing and leading strategic meetings with funders and board members; at ease driving an agenda and pivoting in real time to achieve a successful outcome
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Experience with fundraising databases
- College Degree or Equivalent
- Passion for the mission and goals of GLASA
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, attention to detail, high degree of initiative, ability to take calculated risks, measure performance, and demonstrate an overall drive to build lasting fundraising success
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls or recruiters please.