Offering Sport Competitions for the Developmental Athlete to the Elite Competitor!
2018 Great Lakes Games: May 18-20, 2018
Events include: Archery, Boccia, Powerlifting, Swimming, Track and Field
Register for the Great Lakes Games HERE.
Cost: $50 through May 1, 2018, $60 May 2 through May 11, 2018.
Free for injured military (call 847-283-0908 for comp code).
Registration closes at midnight on May 11, 2018.
(If financial assistance is needed, contact Cindy Housner, Meet Director, at 847-283-0908)
This is an Adaptive Sports USA sanctioned qualifying meet for athletes in both the Adult and Junior divisions.
For Adaptive Sports USA membership application or sport specific rule books: http://www.adaptivesportsusa.org/
Don’t Miss the Social on Saturday From 4:00-6:00 pm!
- Great Food!
- 3v3 Wheelchair Basketball Tournament – featuring our guest, Bill Wennington, winner of three consecutive NBA World Championships with the Chicago Bulls!
- FREE for registered Great Lakes Games participants, $10 for all others
- Ages 8-22
- Register HERE until Friday May 18 at 8:00 p.m.
- Register as a team (max of 4, may included 1 able-bodied person) or as an individual
- 10-ft. hoops, half-court games
- Limited number of chairs available, please bring your own if possible
- No officials, teams call own fouls
Air Rifle Intro/Competition – Wednesday May 30, 2018
(Note: Date is different than other events.)
Register for Air Rifles HERE.
Cost: $25, includes lunch. Free for injured military.
Para Athletic Weekend – May 18 – 20, 2018
The 2018 Great Lakes Games is part of a Para Athletic Weekend in partnership with the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Contact Maureen Gilbert [email protected] for information on the following event:
Friday May 18, 2018
Fast Cow Track Meet
*closest to Lake Forest High School*
26325 N Riverwoods Boulevard, Mettawa, IL 60045
*closest to Lake Forest High School*
5201 Old Orchard Road,
*closest to Niles West High School*
Follow GLASA on social media:
PARALYMPIC SPORT CLUB FACEBOOK PAGE
Be sure to join our Paralympic Sport Clubs page on Facebook. Please feel free to share this page with any of your staff. It may be accessed at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ParalympicSportClubs/
Click the link Athlete and Sport Program Plan Track and Field if you have or are applying for a World Para Athletics (formerly IPC) License. It contains the 2018 U.S. Paralympic Track and Field Standards.
- World Para Athletics Rules and Regulations
- World Para Athletics Anti-Doping
- World Para Athletics Classification Rules and Regulations
Please open the following link for the standards for the Adaptive Sports USA Track and Field Junior National Standards. http://www.atfusa.org/
JOIN TEAM CAF FOR AN INCLUSIVE TRACK WORKOUT WITH SCOUT BASSETT & COACH CHRIS BENNETT
Join Team CAF in Chicago on Global Accessibility Day
for a fun and inclusive track workout event for all local adaptive athletes and supporters.
Thursday, May 17, 2018
3:30pm – 5:30pm
Lincoln Wilson/Montrose Track
4400 N. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60647
• Learn new warm-up and running tips from Paralympian Scout Bassett.
• Experience Nike Global Running Coach Chris Bennett’s passion to bring out the potential in everyone – open to all abilities.
• Learn wheelchair racing techniques from the University of Illinois Elite Wheelchair Racing Team.
• Family friendly event – bring your kids. Free Nike schwag bag for all who register!
- Nike+ Running Head Coach
- 4-minute miler on the Nike farm team
- Lives and breathes the sport and his enthusiasm for improvement is contagious
- CAF Ambassador, Nike Athlete
- Paralympian, 2x World Champ Medalist
- World Record holder in 400m and American Record holder in 100m and 200m
For more information, contact Jason at [email protected]