Air Rifle – Archery – Boccia – Powerlifting – Swimming – Track and Field
Offering Sport Competitions for the Developmental Athlete to the Elite Competitor!
2019 Great Lakes Games: June 14 – 16, 2019Events include: Archery, Boccia, Powerlifting, Swimming, Track and Field Register for the Great Lakes Games HERE. Cost: $50 through _________, $60 ______ through ________, 2019. Free for injured military (call 847-283-0908 for comp code). Registration closes at midnight on June __, 2019. (If financial assistance is needed, contact Cindy Housner, Meet Director, at 847-283-0908)
This is an Adaptive Sports USA sanctioned qualifying meet for athletes in both the Adult and Junior divisions. For Adaptive Sports USA membership application or sport specific rule books: http://www.adaptivesportsusa.org/
Don’t Miss the Social on Saturday From 4:00-6:00 pm!
- Great Food!
- 3v3 Wheelchair Basketball Tournament – featuring our guest, Bill Wennington, winner of three consecutive NBA World Championships with the Chicago Bulls!
- FREE for registered Great Lakes Games participants, $10 for all others
- Ages 8-22
- Register HERE until Friday May 18 at 8:00 p.m.
- Register as a team (max of 4, may included 1 able-bodied person) or as an individual
- 10-ft. hoops, half-court games
- Limited number of chairs available, please bring your own if possible
- No officials, teams call own fouls
Air Rifle Intro/Competition – Wednesday May 30, 2018 (Note: Date is different than other events.)
Register for Air Rifles HERE. Cost: $25, includes lunch. Free for injured military.
Para Athletic Weekend – May 18 – 20, 2018The 2018 Great Lakes Games is part of a Para Athletic Weekend in partnership with the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. Contact Maureen Gilbert [email protected] for information on the following event:
Friday May 18, 2018
Fast Cow Track Meet (Ambulatory and Wheelchair) University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
*closest to Lake Forest High School*
26325 N Riverwoods Boulevard, Mettawa, IL 60045 $99/night, Studio w/1 King & Sofa Bed Free High Speed Internet – Complimentary Breakfast – Fitness Center Book Online
*closest to Lake Forest High School*
5201 Old Orchard Road, Skokie, Illinois, 60077 $129/night Free Hot Breakfast and WiFi
*closest to Niles West High School*
Standards:Click the link Athlete and Sport Program Plan Track and Field if you have or are applying for a World Para Athletics (formerly IPC) License. It contains the 2018 U.S. Paralympic Track and Field Standards.
- World Para Athletics Rules and Regulations
- World Para Athletics Anti-Doping
- World Para Athletics Classification Rules and Regulations
JOIN TEAM CAF FOR AN INCLUSIVE TRACK WORKOUT WITH SCOUT BASSETT & COACH CHRIS BENNETT
Join Team CAF in Chicago on Global Accessibility Day
for a fun and inclusive track workout event for all local adaptive athletes and supporters.
Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:30pm – 5:30pm Lincoln Wilson/Montrose Track 4400 N. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60647
• Learn new warm-up and running tips from Paralympian Scout Bassett.
• Experience Nike Global Running Coach Chris Bennett’s passion to bring out the potential in everyone – open to all abilities.
• Learn wheelchair racing techniques from the University of Illinois Elite Wheelchair Racing Team.
• Family friendly event – bring your kids. Free Nike schwag bag for all who register!Coach Bennett
- Nike+ Running Head Coach
- 4-minute miler on the Nike farm team
- Lives and breathes the sport and his enthusiasm for improvement is contagious
- CAF Ambassador, Nike Athlete
- Paralympian, 2x World Champ Medalist
- World Record holder in 400m and American Record holder in 100m and 200m
For more information, contact Jason at [email protected]