Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA) strives to ‘Let No One Sit on the Sidelines’ and operates under a mission to promote and support the optimal development and well-being of youth, adults, and military veterans who have a physical or visual disability through the provision of inclusive recreation, fitness, and competitive sports activities. GLASA offers opportunities for empowerment through education, leadership and training in collaboration with community-based organizations.
The Grant Writer opportunity is a full-time position, reporting to the Executive Director and collaborating with the Development, Accounting, and Program departments to secure the support of foundation, corporate, and government funders.
Primary responsibilities include coordinating the full grants portfolio, overseeing grant application and reporting deadlines, assessing eligibility for new sources of funding, and completing the grant submission processes, including the composition, packaging, presentation, and follow-up for each request. Additionally, collect, organize, and analyze program evaluation data related to the execution of GLASA’s programming and overall mission, in an effort to demonstrate impact to funders.
Successful candidates will work well both independently and as part of a team, possess excellent time management skills, and display a thorough attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage GLASA’s grants calendar and entire grants portfolio. Research new funding sources, assess eligibility for funding, submit letters of intent, and prepare proposals. Assure that all deadlines are met and high-quality proposals are submitted.
- Coordinate fulfillment of institutional grant agreements with donors and staff, ensuring proper recognition, fund allocation, and program metrics are met.
- In collaboration with Accounting, provide budget projections and actual financial results for grant proposals and follow up reporting.
- Work with Development, Accounting, and Program to gather pertinent grant information including budgets, program descriptions, program attendance numbers, evaluation data, success stories, and other documentation.
- Work with Program Directors to centralize program registration and program evaluation data. Utilize CRM database functionality to run reports and track statistics.
- Facilitate program evaluation data collection processes. Compile participant data to demonstrate program impacts and showcase impacts to funders and supports. Support the creation of the Annual Report and provide support for newsletters and other external communications.
- Support GLASA’s Development Director in implementing GLASA’s larger fundraising efforts, including the annual gala, the charity marathon team, and other fundraising special events.
- Represent GLASA at external events in the nonprofit community.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred. Two years of experience in Grant Writing or Development is required.
- High-level organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication capability
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Capacity to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel required; experience with CRM database software and other technology strongly preferred
Please send resume, cover letter, and writing samples to [email protected].
GLASA’s internship programs provides career development opportunities for students majoring in Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Adaptive Sports, Sports Psychology, Non-Profit Management, Development, Marketing and more. Interns can be currently enrolled in a college, be a recent college graduate or be an experienced professional looking to gain exposure to a new career or field. Intern positions vary from part-time (as little as 10 hours/week) up to full time positions for the entire season.
For Recreation Therapy Internship Opportunities: We currently are taking applications for interns that plan to sit for the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) exam. The GLASA TR Internship adheres to the guidelines created by the American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA). GLASA currently has two staff members that are Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists that will oversee all TR Interns. If you are interested in our TR Internship program, please send your resume, cover letter and list of references to Micaela Fedyniak (contact listed below). Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
For All Other Internship Opportunities: Including Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Marketing, Sports Psychology, Non-Profit Management, Development and more. If interested in an internship program, please email Micaela Fedyniak (contact listed below) and include your major, internship area you are interested in and length of internship desired.
For internship inquiries, please contact:
Program Director & Volunteer Coordinator