Be a part of something great! The Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA), a progressive non-profit organization, is looking to add a talented Part-Time Accountant to the team that will make a daily impact on the organization’s finances.
GLASA, a $1 million Not-For-Profit organization, impacts the lives of over 600 athletes in the Midwest. We strive to ‘Let No One Sit on the Sidelines’ and operate under a mission to promote and support the optimal development and well-being of youth, adults and military veterans who have a physical or visual disability through the provision of inclusive recreation, fitness and competitive sports activities.
The Accountant will report to the Executive Director and work directly with the management team and GLASA Board. This individual will be responsible for all financial aspects of GLASA including accounting, payroll, financial planning and reporting, and treasury. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience including knowledge of Microsoft Office and Quickbooks. Non-profit experience is a plus.
This is an hourly, part-time position, with approximately 30 hours per week expected. Work can be split between the office location in Lake Forest, IL and remote office/home. Depending on the time of year, some weeks require upward of 40 hours with possibility of reduced work weeks for an overall 30 hour a week. No health or pension benefits are provided. The specific responsibilities include:
- Process and post Accounts Payable
- Manage Accounts receivable
- Close the monthly ledger, including final postings, trial balance and closing
- Coordinate annual audit with external auditors
- Process semi-monthly payroll, including compensation and deduction management
- Generate 1099’s, W2’s
- Support various HR processes as required, jointly with the Executive Director
Financial Planning and Reporting
- Prepare monthly financial report for review with the GLASA management team
- Prepare and present monthly financials to the GLASA Board of Directors (6x per year)
- Manage the annual budget process
- Assist in preparing fundraising applications and prepare regular reports to donors as required
- Perform analysis of results or projections as required to GLASA management and Board to support strategic plan development and decision making
- Perform bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Manage reserve funds
- Manage credit card access, expenses, reconciliation and controls
- Manage insurance needs of GLASA
Please send resume and cover letter to: GLASA 27864 Irma Lee Circle #101 Lake Forest, IL 60045 ATTN: Cindy Housner, Executive Director and Founder or to [email protected].
No phone calls or recruiters, please.
GLASA’s internship programs provides career development opportunities for students majoring in Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Adaptive Sports, Sports Psychology, Non-Profit Management, Development, Marketing and more. Interns can be currently enrolled in a college, be a recent college graduate or be an experienced professional looking to gain exposure to a new career or field. Intern positions vary from part-time (as little as 10 hours/week) up to full time positions for the entire season.
For Recreation Therapy Internship Opportunities: We currently are taking applications for interns that plan to sit for the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) exam. The GLASA TR Internship adheres to the guidelines created by the American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA). GLASA currently has two staff members that are Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists that will oversee all TR Interns. If you are interested in our TR Internship program, please send your resume, cover letter and list of references to Micaela Fedyniak (contact listed below). Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
For All Other Internship Opportunities: Including Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Marketing, Sports Psychology, Non-Profit Management, Development and more. If interested in an internship program, please email Micaela Fedyniak (contact listed below) and include your major, internship area you are interested in and length of internship desired.
For internship inquiries, please contact:
Program Director & Volunteer Coordinator