Our resource page is a work in progress. As we build our library of relevant resources, they will be listed here. Please check back often.
Workout at Home:
- National Center for Health, Physical Activity, and Disability (NCHPAD) series of 30+ at home workouts for all ability levels: NCHPAD Workouts
- Chair Yoga Flow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLw2sjvuNU&feature=emb_logo
- Yoga with Adriene library: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFKE7WVJfvaHW5q283SxchA can be accessed here too: https://yogawithadriene.com/free-yoga-videos/
- HASfit library of chair exercises (standing exercises too!): https://www.youtube.com/user/KozakSportsPerform/search?query=seated
- Wheel WOD: Will be releasing daily workouts for wheelchair users with an archive of other possible exercises- typically need dumbbells or equipment but could use water bottles or soup cans. More advanced. http://wheelwod.com/?fbclid=IwAR1tPGBFXrgBuaMartOqyyGCMMuB46HgAgWnNzR39a9OaIrQQh0nGgK78L4
- Seated workouts: https://www.youtube.com/user/KymNonStop/search?query=seated
- HASfit: Home Workout Routines: video exercises with options for both seated and standing
- Evolve 21: App made by the cerebral palsy foundation- can customize your workouts based on your abilities
- Disabled Sports Tai Chi instructions: https://www.disabledsportsusa.org/sport/tai-chi/
Apps for Meditation:
- Insight Timer
- Free meditations organized into different categories
- Jonathan Lehmann Morning Meditation with Music is a great start to the day and Glenn Harrold Relax and Sleep Well is a great way to end to the day!
- Headspace: Meditation & Sleep
- Guided meditations on everything including managing stress to physical health
- Quick mental resets to longer guided meditations
- Smiling Mind
- App for all ages! Programs categorized by age with specific category sections.
- The Breathing App
- Use breathing to help calm the body and mind while decreasing your heart rate and blood pressure.
- Great for beginners and helps to schedule meditations
- Meditations ranging from 3-60 minutes.
- Daily message related to mindfulness
- Mindfulness Coach
- Created by the US Department of Veterans Affairs to help you gradually learn how to practice mindfulness